Eco-friendly / Artisan Made
Designed in Mexico City by founder Salvador Compañ, Lørdag & Søndag aims to only use eco-friendly materials in its products. Ethics, simplicity, quality and functionality are at the core of the brand's creative process. Every piece merges clean aesthetics with timeless designs and environmentally-friendly materials.
Materials: All raw materials are found in Mexico.
- Vegetable tanned leather: The leather is tanned using tannins and other ingredients found exclusively in vegetable matter.
- Canvas: 100% cotton. Waxed canvas: Coating is a combination of paraffin and beeswax.
- Ceramics: High temperature baked ceramics made by hand by artisan David in Mexico City.
- Wood: Hand-carved by Felipe, L&S wood artisan from Escárcega, Campeche. Using Melina wood, remains of dead trees or woods from Maculí or Mango trees.
- Fans: Hand woven in underground caves in the town of Becal, Campeche. Milagro de Atocha, L&S artisan weaver, explains that caves provide ideal humidity for the flexibility of the jipi-japa fiber used for making fans.
Factory: All Lørdag & Søndag products are handmade in Mexico by partner artisans from the states of Campeche, Oaxaca, Mexico State and Guanajuato. Artisans set the manufacturing costs.
Employees: 10 to 15 employees.
Social Responsibility: Every item is handmade in Mexico following fair trade guidance. The company strives to use only local raw materials to help the businesses in their communities.
See our Lørdag & Søndag collection.
Learn more about Lørdag & Søndag.